Thursday, September 3, 2009

Bad Attitude

I have a very bad attitude today. I don't know why. Nothing in particular has happened today, well, besides the fact that my car's alternator seems to be going out, but besides that....I'm just in a BAD mood. The day started off great....talked to my Dad for a few minutes (I had to quiz him on a Cowboys trivia question), which always cheers me up. He is always able to keep me from spinning out of control and putting things in perspective - he just tells it like it is. Black, and white. That's it. Of course, Mom is good at putting things in perspective, too - she and I just like to put a little more...."emotion" in things though, sometimes!

My problem is, I think, that I let the people around me affect how my day is going to go. If people around me are stressed, I get stressed (well, that kind of goes with my job. If people around me are going crazy with work, I'm their support system). If people around me are sad and down, I feel myself coming down. If people around me are happy and "up," so am I. Is that normal? Maybe it is, coming from a female perspective. We tend to want to help people...and no one wants to be THAT person...the downer when everyone is happy, the super-hyper-happy person when people are down.

I'm an adult. I should be able to completely think for myself, and do my thing, and not really care what people think. But that's not the case. I let people get to me. I let things that don't even INVOLVE me or my family or loved ones get to me. Why can't I just block out that "bad" stuff? Go about my day, go about my life, live my life, do my thing...without worrying what other people are going to think?

PSHT. I need to get out of my own head right now and count my blessings. Focus on the good, the potential, the promises. I have so many wonderful things to be thankful for that I just can't let people get to me as easily as I do.

Easier said than done.

Time for some deflation. Tomorrow is a morning full of meetings and an afternoon of preparing for having Monday off. Is it 5:00 on Friday yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment