Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Labor Day!

Well, it has been a very quiet and uneventful weekend at the King household....a much-needed one for sure, since the next month is going to be pretty crazy! We have two "free" weekends, a wedding in Indy (which Chris is in), and then we're moving the following weekend, which, by my calculations, takes us right into October (CRAZY!). So, the next two weekends are going to be spent packing up and sorting out and getting things ready to move....in between football, of course! The regular season is now a mere THREE days away (kickoff is Thursday night between Pittsburgh & Tennessee), and Dallas plays Sunday. I can't wait! Unlike last year, I'm not overly confident that Dallas will win it all, but I am cautiously optimistic that they'll at least make the playoffs and WIN a game in the postseason! I'm calling it now! 11-5, a Wild Card spot, and at least getting into the divisional round!

With people all around me getting pregnant right and left lately, it has been hard to keep myself away from baby fever. I have several sorority sisters that are pregnant (including a close friend who just found out that they're expecting their first...can't wait to be "Aunt Nikki"!), a cousin who is due anyday, a guy at work whose g/f is expecting twins in April, my immediate boss who is due in February....but we're staying away from that (for now...sorry everyone!) However, we did get into a discussion on baby names on Saturday night, and that was fun. We're just not ready for babies yet, and we know that. But hopefully, when the time is right and presents itself, everything will go swimmingly :) It's fun to think about for now, though.

It has been a very random, fun, lazy weekend. Saturday, we both slept in late, got some lunch, and Chris went to watch the first OSU game at an old co-worker's house. I watched the first quarter, but the beautiful sunshine was calling my name and I went out to the pool. So sue me....I'm not a full-fledged Buckeye yet! I did catch the end of the game though, and there was a collective sigh of relief as the Bucks escaped a close call by Navy. Football season is always so much fun! That night, we went out for a quick dinner, and laid around the house. Yesterday was more of the same, with grocery shopping mixed in. I have to say that grocery shopping is one of my favorite things to do with Chris (98.9% of the time!). We both love people-watching, coming up with ideas for dinner (even though most of the time I have the whole week's meals already planned out), and generally goofing around. We went back to the pool yesterday for a little bit more sunshine, and I again braved the cold water to swim some laps. I have found that being in water just relaxes me, and I don't even feel tired or sore after doing any kind of activity in the water. Maybe I was an Olympic swimmer in a former life! It's something to look into, though....swimming is a great form of exercise, and I'm always up for something to get me out of my normal boring (not so much right now) routine.

Last night was more laying around the house, and Chris was in a really goofy mood that kept me laughing for most of the night. We went on a memory journey when we watched a slideshow of all of our honeymoon pictures, and we both were bemoaning the fact that we were in Jamaica just a short year ago. Hopefully, we'll be able to go back soon....we loved every minute! We slept in late again this morning, and have been lazing around in our pj's all day. I plan on making banana pancakes for dinner - we grilled out last night since we knew the weather probably wouldn't cooperate today (we were right....it's been cool, rainy, and cloudy all day). I also got a Christian marriage study from a coworker last week, and we're excited to start it to see what it can bring to our marriage.

Well, apparently I am more than a wife. I am a playmate....Chris is yelling "I'm bored" from upstairs, so I should probably go see what he's up to before he starts messing with my paperwork up there :)

Happy September! Fall is a mere 14 days away!

No comments:

Post a Comment