Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Laughing

Sorry, folks, another venting post.  I apologize.  I'll be brief.

First.  My parents' 30th anniversary is on Monday, and we're having a little shindig on Saturday for them.  I sent out 20 invites, probably 45 people in total, and I've heard back from 4.  FOUR.  People.  Are.  So.  Rude.  I remember being ticked at my wedding b/c we had a few people that showed up that hadn't rsvp'd, which actually turned out okay, b/c we had probably a dozen people who DID RSVP and DIDN'T show up.....and we had already paid, per head, for them.  Peoples' etiquette really stink.  I don't know if it's that people just forgot about it, or they're busy, or just rude, or (probably the case in some of my moms' family) that they'll never GET to a 30th anniversary, so they're bitter.  People piss me off.  Yes or no.  That's all I need.  So yes, tonight and tomorrow, I WILL be making those calls and putting people on the spot.  Stupid.

Second.  Work ethic.  I feel like I have a really good work ethic.  I turned 16 in mid-November and I was working part time through the Christmas that season selling candy.  I had summer jobs until I was a senior in high school, and that year I started working a couple nights/ week through the school year.  I didn't work my freshman year of college, but during summers and starting my sophomore year, I worked at least 30 hours per week while still carrying a full class load.  After all of that, I felt pretty proud of my 3.33 GPA when I graduated.  Anyway, I digress.  I'll just say this.  Karma is a bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment