Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Walk Softly & Carry a Big Stick

My new motto.
I'm tired of people, I'm tired of people causing drama, and I'm really just TIRED.
Work is insane. 
I said today, and really quietly so no one could really hear me, but I said:
"I finally feel like I can breathe."
The last 3 months since I've moved branches has been HELL.  They have literally been the fastest 3 months of my life.  I'm finally getting to the bottom of some hellacious piles of CRAP and getting to do things MY way now. 
My replacement at my old branch got canned which is probably for the best, but still makes me a little sad b/c I felt such ownership of that place.  I knew all the customers, I knew the jobs, I knew all the guys, from Operations Managers down to crewmembers.  Here I walk into a branch that's about 30% bigger and the branch is set up so I still don't even know all the supervisors' names.  It hadn't a steady admin since about last February, so needless to say - lots of work to be done.  My Branch Manager is just coming up on his 1st anniversary and the most "veteran" OM came in at the same time as me.  We'll get there.....but it sure feels like everytime I get my arms around something, something else falls apart.
Houses........I think we found our number one favorite on Saturday.  It's amazing and cute and in a good location...........and we've not done anything about it.  Haven't called the lender, haven't called our realtor, haven't started pulling together documents.  I may just be speaking for myself, but I'm scared shitless.  It's so much less scary to just rent.........!!!
The summer is going by so so fast although it sure does seem like this heat wave is never going to break.  Tomorrow's forecast: high of 98, heat index of 109.  You don't shovel sunshine (haha, courtesy of one of my AOII sisters), but I don't really want to be out in this either. 
Found out this week that yet another cousin is pregnant.  Babies are everywere, that's for sure.  The other girls in Columbus and I had a little lunch/ presents for Angie (one of my old OMs), who's due on August 16.  She seriously looks like she's about halfway there......she's so little!  She was really active before she got pregnant which helps I guess, but her job requires her to be running around all the time so that's helping too - she's adorable!  Chris asked how the shower went and I said, "Good - makes me want babies!"
What else was I supposed to say?  :)

Time for bed.....2 days til the weekend, then a 4-day workweek next week......then I'm going home for a 3-day weekend and my parents' 30th anniversary!  ((Cue "We've Only Just Begun" by The Carpenters here))  Can't WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment