Sunday, February 6, 2011

Super Bowl XLV

Well, I HAD been waiting for this day up to about October 2010......until my Cowboys decided they didn't want to take advantage of having the best shot in Super Bowl era-history to go to, and win, a Super Bowl in their own home. Since they were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs in November, I've been ready to get to this day and for this day to be OVER.

Green Bay Packers. Pittsburgh Steelers. Playing for a World Championship (I hate that they call it a "world" championship...........no other country in the world plays this game, but whatev), in MY TEAM'S house.

One of Dallas' most storied & hated rivals (I remember the intensity of the games in the 90s; fans older than me remember the grudge that started in the Ice Bowl) vs. the team that got to 6 Lombardis first.

I don't know how Roger Staubach is going to hand off the trophy tonight without running off the stage with it.

You're always supposed to root on your conference, and at least it isn't the Eagles.

Go Pack.

And hopefully the CBA holdouts won't last TOO long............I'm ready to get the bad taste of this season out of my mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment