Saturday, February 19, 2011

Mini = 77 days away

January was a strong month for me. I didn't get 40 miles in as planned/ "resolved"....but I did get in about 25. I didn't beat myself over it, I was able to stick to my training schedule to a T. My viral/ bronchitis/ sinus/ CRAP hit about 3 weeks ago, though, and I was only able to run ONCE in that time......a whopping 1.5 miles this past Monday.

I vowed to myself to get back on track this week as the weather got nicer, and I did. Yesterday, my schedule called for a day of cross training and I was finally able to do my NYC Ballet video I ordered a couple weeks ago. IT. WAS. HARD. I had forgotten how strong I used to be when I danced!! Today, the schedule called for 50 minutes of running or 4 miles. I was a little wary, but I was determined to finish, and I did! In just under 47 minutes, which definitely is NOT going to break any speed records, but for basically being on hiatus for 3 weeks, I feel pretty good about it. One thing I really found out is that it's not my endurance that needs work - it's my leg strength. I need to figure out how to get some weight-bearing exercise in over the next 11 weeks so my legs (hips especially) gain strength and I don't end up crawling to the finish line on May 7!

At least the weather is getting nicer - I ADORE running outside in only 2 layers instead of 5! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment