Thursday, February 3, 2011

About to Crash...

The doctor's office tried to charge me a copay. I flat out refused, saying that I had just seen the doctor 24 hours ago and all HE wanted me to do was to call in and request antibiotics and that I wouldn't have to pay (okay, so he didn't say that part, but COME ON). Thankfully, they just said, "oh, okay then" and went about their business. Not sure if it was because I was a) on the verge of tears, b) wearing the exact same outfit I was when I was there yesterday (okay, same jeans and sweatshirt, not underthings, but still) or c) because they just wanted me to go away already, but whatever. No extra money out of my pocket!

A P.A. listened to me wheeze and cough and try to breathe for a few minutes, and the good news is that she didn't think my wheezing came from pre-pneumonia-like symptoms - just more "superficial" wheezing. She asked if I had asthma (I did, minor cases of it, in college), and actually on Tuesday when I came home early I looked for my old inhaler. I haven't used one in years. She said that this cold, freezing weather could have been a catalyst for it acting up, and prescribed me steroids to get the avioli (sp?) - the little air sacs in your lungs - to quit being inflamed, and hopefully that should help. She also prescribed a z-pack (bless that woman) after I described 2 rather large, disgusting, greenish-brown globs that I coughed up just before coming (sorry, TMI). She said although what I have probably isn't bacterial, the little air sacs being inflamed for so long can lead to infection, and the z-pack would ward off anything sticking around.

So, I've taken my full first day's dose of steroids (6 tablets), my first day's dose of the z-pack, a good dose of hydrocodone, and I'm ready to drop. I told my boss I'd be in by noon tomorrow......I should try to make an effort to go in early, but I just feel like if I push myself too much, I'll be worn out after an hour and I'll be worthless. This way, I can go in, get the bare minimum done for end of month, and hopefully be out of there by 5 or 6. Thankfully, the guys I work with have really stayed on top of their reports so there won't be many changes to make - just getting A/P ready to go, entered and sent off will be my main task for the day. Gotta love accounting deadlines.......

I'm off to a drug-induced sleep....I haven't coughed in about 20 minutes, this could be a good sign!

NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment