Sunday, January 9, 2011

Life Cleanup

I am done with people whose only impact in my life is negative.

I feel that I hardly have the emotional backbone to deal with what comes my way on a day-to-day basis, let alone deal with the crap that people bring into it, frivolous or not. (That is not to say that I don't deal with my problems. I do. I just don't feel like I need to deal with everyone else's, too).

So today, I again went through my facebook "friends" list. No impact in my life in the last however-long-of-time? Gone. Generally annoy me with your consistent negativity? Gone.

As much fun as I used to get out of a good football argument, or the joy of feeling like I've helped someone through a tough situation - at some point, enough is enough. Regardless of what some may think, I DO know there is life outside of the Dallas Cowboys, and no matter how much I argue, there will always be someone out there that just wants to push my buttons and get me fired up. And there will always be those people out there whose life is just always miserable, no matter how good or bad they have it, no matter what I say, no matter what I do.

So another "resolution," if you will - staying focused on the positive. Not getting caught up in the day to day bullshit (gossip and petty arguments). And again.........living my life in such a way that makes people PROUD to say they know me, and makes me proud to look in the mirror at myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment