Saturday, January 8, 2011

EOY, Chris @ Work, Football!

What a week!

This past week was a killer. 2010 is almost officially, completely put away and the books closed....but man oh man what a process! I felt much more in control this year end than in the last 2, which was great. I felt like I had a very methodical process to getting everything done, and outside of leaving my AP pak on my desk Friday (when it should be well on its way to Longhorne, PA via UPS), it was a great week. I said "no" to lots of people this week that asked for my help - which doesn't feel that great at the time, but at the end of the day, I need to make sure my core tasks are being completed and all of the little extra tasks I take on each day make that really difficult.

Chris got some great news this morning! He got what came out to be a 13% raise in October (at his 90 day review), which was amazing in itself (not because he didn't deserve it, but b/c you just don't hear of those numbers in raises anymore) - but today he was informed he got ANOTHER raise for 2011 which was about another 4% increase. Hes been working really hard and some really long hours, and it is really paying off. The other Ops Manager stepped down/ was demoted, so Chris is pretty much on his own with what the two of them managed, and the owners of the company have really shown they trust him....the nice thing is that they are backing it up! Plus, he was informed today that he'll now be receiving a monthly insurance stipend since his company doesn't provide any health/ dental/ vision insurance. We figured it would be pretty small, but it's fairly sizeable AND not taxed. Since Chris is covered under my insurance, that money will come in major handy!

Wild Card weekend is half over, and although my Cowboys aren't in it, I'm still a football fan and am sad that there are now just 9 games left of the season :( Seahawks pulled off the major upset today against the Saints (thought there was no way in HELL that would happen, but any given Sunday....or Saturday! I guess). Colts also got beat at home, which as you all know, makes me gleeful. Just as gleeful as it makes everyone that Dallas did so poorly this year, so I don't feel bad. Tomorrow's picks: Baltimore over KC / Green Bay over Philly (I hope!)

This week really was a good one. I only got 5 miles in between last Sunday and today, but for the crazy week at work that was this week, I don't feel TOO awful about it....but it is time to get focused! Mini is a mere 17 weeks from today - 119 days! Time to get my butt in gear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment