Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Forgiveness

A friend of my sister's that I'm friends with on facebook had a GREAT quote up today:

“When you hold resentment toward another, you are bound to that person or condition by an emotional link that is stronger than steel. Forgiveness is the only way to dissolve that link and get free.”-Catherine Ponder

I'm a grudge holder. I'm vindictive. I seek revenge on people that hurt me (never in any kind of violent manner but usually in a passive aggressive manner, which when other people do it annoys me, so I should stop) or people I love.

The last 9 months have been eventful, emotionally turbulent and just HARD. In those 9 months I hurt more people than necessary - disappointed others - pushed still others away - and did a lot of soul searching.

But at the end of these past 9 months, I still find myself hurt by some. Disappointed by some. Flat out mad at others.

Take a deep breath. Let it out. Forgive. And move on.

Like my Mom loves to say: "It is what it is."

No comments:

Post a Comment