Monday, November 8, 2010

Operation 13.1

May 7, 2011. Goal: Complete the Indianapolis Mini Marathon in (around) 2 hours.

180 days away.

Just under 26 weeks.

I haven't really been in any kind of running regimen since (gulp) before vacation. I've ran since then, of course, but not on any kind of schedule.

That changes now.

At the suggestion of one of my sorority sisters who recently ran her first mini ever, I have printed off and dedicated myself to a "novice" running program to get me ready for a race like this......it's a 12 week program so I think I'm going to double it up to help me ease into it. In the 2 weeks before I start that, I've looked up some various interval training material to get me back into a groove to where I can get used to running again.

I really do enjoy running. Of course, starting it back up after being out it is never fun, but when I ran 5 miles for the first time ever this summer, I felt invincible. Strong. Fit. It's also a good time to just turn up some good, loud music and let my mind just clear itself out. The cold weather we're starting to experience is tough to run in, but I'd rather the cold anyday over the sweltering heat and humidity of this past summer! But - if I can get through 3, 4 & 5 mile runs in 95* heat with 90% humidity - I think I can handle a little chilly weather (especially since I started running in that last year).

So, Indy Mini - here we come! (My mom has already signed up to walk it - it will be her 3rd Mini!) Wish us luck :)

No comments:

Post a Comment