Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Exhaustion

The last couple of weeks have been a whirlwind.  A hurricane.  An absolute mess.

And I am exhausted.

Long story short, there are 4 maintenance branches in Columbus.  I run one (well, am an Admin for one, but everyone knows that's the same thing), West.  There's a good BA at South.  The one at East has been worthless since she started and she finally threw in the towel Monday.  The one at North is on a random vacation, and it's end of month week. 

I knew that the East BA was about out of there, so I kind of jumped ahead of the game to see if I could have the opportunity to transfer.  Without going into too much of the lonnnnnnng, drawn out story for the 19075123rd time.........it just seems that it is time to move.  NOW.

So.  In the last 2 weeks since we've been back from Chicago, and the 2 before it, we've had a major company-wide project going on (basically putting all customer information into one database where anyone, anywhere in Brickman, can see it).  Of course my branch's task in this fell onto my desk (shock!) which has kept me busy enough as it is........on top of everything else that is my job - snow's over, but that just means we're dead in the middle of mulch.  And getting ready to mow.  And ordering flowers.  It never ends.  Oh yeah, and sales season is wrapping up.................and we're never fully staffed so I'm doing new hire paperwork ALL THE FREAKING TIME.

Anyway - I was able to meet with my potential-soon-to-be-boss on Friday (after my now-boss found out the majority of the story...at least the parts that weren't "not nice"), and we really got along well.  Besides cleaning up the mess that has been the last year, I'm looking forward to a good change of pace.......new boss, new OMs, new AMs, a different office and one of the most important things - it's merged with the Division Office which is where all the Regional and Divisional Managers work.

But in the middle of all this, I'm basically trying to not abandon my own branch, help out my new one until I get there, and do all of that without cloning myself. 

Oh yeah, and I run the mini in 31 days.  Holy hell.  I'll be ready.  I'll have to be.  But dear lord, it'd be nice to get some sleep in between now and then!

No comments:

Post a Comment