Thursday, April 14, 2011

Overwhelmed

Seems to be a common theme to my life here lately.  But I am.  Absolutely worn out.

It has been another hellacious week, and it's not even over yet.  My replacement started on Monday, so I've been doing my best to bundle up the last 2.5 years of my work life into a neat little ball to nicely hand her.  But of course, my job is anything but neat and orderly, and I'm just doing my best not to overwhelm the poor girl into saying "forget this!" and walk out the door.  Thankfully, she's quick and catches on fast and I'm just praying she fits right into my place without any major wrinkles (fingers crossed).

I went to (the start of) my new branch's close today.......dear Lord.  My new branch is a mess.  A disaster is putting it mildly.  They haven't had a constant administrator that knew WTF they were doing in over a year, and it shows.  I have a big mountain of work ahead of me, but I just have to keep telling myself that I'm only one person, that that branch didn't turn into a mess overnight so I can't expect to fix it in one night, and the people I'm "moving in" with are all cool people, especially my new boss - he's only been at Brickman since August, and I'm looking forward to a whole new perspective and a kind of fresh start.

At least I have a job.  And I'm good at it (most days). 

I just have to hang in there for just a couple more weeks until I get settled.  And then maybe I'll quit with random crying fits on the way home from the pressure of too many, possibly unrealistic? expectations.  And also falling right into a deep sleep every night, just to wake up at 2.....2:30.....3.....4....4:30....each time tossing and turning with all of the tasks awaiting me the next day.

Yawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment