Sunday, March 27, 2011

Chicago and Benjamin

What a fun weekend! Chris had a NAVL conference in Chicago (National American Van Lines) this weekend (well, Lombard, just outside Chicago), and the owners of his company were nice enough to let him get a rental car instead of just flying him up there, so I got to go! We left on Thursday afternoon, stopped in Indy to see baby Colin Isom and his mama and daddy, and then stayed in Crown Point (north of Lafayette) that night. Friday, we drove the last hour to Lombard where we stayed at a Westin - SO nice! Chris was in meetings and seminars all afternoon Friday and then all day Saturday, but I was able to sleep, swim, hang out in the hot tub, and do some shopping right across the street. The drive back today definitely sucked, but thankfully we got to break it up a little when we stopped in Carmel to see the newest addition to the Weishaar family! Blake & his wife Katie just welcomed little Benjamin David on Thursday, and he is a CUTIE! They had just gotten home when we were coming through town, but they insisted we stop by. A cute new baby to hold? Yes please! Blake & Chris are Sigma Chi brothers (both were in each other's weddings), so it's really neat to become "proxy" aunt and uncles to the little ones that his friends (and mine!) are bringing into the world. Katie's mom commented that I had a real knack for getting Ben to sleep - ha! I attempted to swaddle him in a warm blanket and then held him up close to me, which means he had plenty of "cushioning" to rest up against! Besides that though, I would have to agree :-) New babies always spike my baby fever - I spent the better part of the drive from Indy to Columbus trying to convince Chris we should have a baby. Now. :) (It hasn't worked, in case you're wondering)! Well, I'm worn OUT. This weather is enough to get anyone sick, and I am EXHAUSTED. Come ON Spring - get here and STAY here!

No comments:

Post a Comment