Friday, April 22, 2011

Randoms

I'm really too tired to string together any real thoughts right now........but I have a lot on my mind.  I'll do my best.

  • This week marked 2 very sad anniversaries -
    • > Oklahoma City bombing - 4/19/1995 - I remember coming home from school to a very sad and upset and 7ish months-pregnant mom, sobbing that she couldn't stand the world that she was about to bring another child into (Anthony was born just 6 short weeks later on 5/28).
    • > Columbine - 4/20/1999 - has it really been 12 years?  Wasn't I just sitting in some class as a freshman in high school when this happened???
  • NFL Schedule for 2011 Season was released this week.  Love that Dallas was 6-10 last year and still has a league-high 6 primetime games this fall & winter.  3 Sunday Nights (including the very 1st, at the NEW YORK Jets, on the 10th Anniversary of 9/11), 1 Monday Night (Washington, at home), 1 Saturday night (Christmas Eve, @ Tampa Bay) and their annual Thanksgiving Day game (Miami).  If there is so much as ONE GAME not played due to this lockout business - well.........I will not be happy.  Let's just put it that way.  I don't even want to think about it.
  • My last "official" day as the Columbus West Branch Administrator was today.  My boss, Josh, & I met at 6:30 this morning for our last "one-on-one" and I was proud that I only teared up once.  I can't remember a more stressful, busy, over-my-head, physically & mentally EXHAUSTING two weeks in my life, except for maybe during finals in college, but not really even then.  Between training my replacement and letting some things go (not my strong suit) at my "old" branch......and getting situated and organized (will be a LONG process) at my "new" branch - well, thank God it is the weekend.  I very well may not make it out of bed this weekend, let alone change out of pajamas.  I am WORN OUT.  I know my job isn't life and death by any means, but I definitely take pride in my work....and sometimes to my own detriment, get in over my head.
  • I run the mini marathon 2 weeks from tomorrow.  Dear Lord, please just let it be DRY.  This rain is enough to make me crazy...........it's hard enough for me in long distances as it is without adding rain to the mix.
  • We aren't going home for Easter this year, but unlike last year when I tried to find a ham for the 2 of us and could only find 7- and 8-pounders so we settled for pork chops instead - I found a small little ham for us and am busy trying to figure out what else to make.  It sucks that we aren't going home, but with the mini in 2 weeks and it just not being a huge day for either of our families (outside of family dinners/ church) - it's nice kind of just having that day for ourselves.  Easter is LATE this year!  Wonder when the last time was that it was this late.....((note to self, google it!))
  • Baby fever has continued to stay high.  Don't think there's much chance of it breaking anytime soon.  However, we have (thankfully) paid off/ paid down a few credit cards/ loans in the last months (thanks to our tax check and my profit sharing from work, wahoo!) and are now starting to "snowball" some of our other debt.  I know you can never be TRULY ready...but by God we will be as ready as we can!
That's all I have for now.  Off to sleep on my favorite kind of night.......the one where it's nice and cool in the house, there's a good little storm brewing outside, and the alarm is NOT set for the am.  Night!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment