Sunday, March 13, 2011

Unhappy Anniversary

As we've already established, I'm stupidly weird about numbers and dates. I remember all of them. The good, the bad.........the ugly.

Last March 13 was an AWFUL day. A terrible, no-good, really really bad and sad day.

That day, the truth of what happened between Dusty and me came out. Not in anyway I intended, but out nonetheless. I had never come as close to losing Chris as I did that day. Every minute of that day is still ingrained in my mind.......the yelling, the tears, the threats, the fear, the absolute rock-bottom feeling of knowing I had really jacked up my life.

The next day, Sunday 3/14, Chris told me he was leaving. Obviously, he didn't, but it has been a long and hard year of talks, and tears, and more talks, and questions, more tears.

It has always been a year that I now look back on as kind of a big mountain we crossed over. We're now on the other side. It's a HUGE mountain.........so it'll always be there when we look behind us. But a year apart from that horrible day and time in our lives, it has started getting smaller. We're moving on. Talking about babies, and houses, and oddly enough, who would take care of our kids if something happened to us (check out the movie "Life as we Know It" with Katherine Heigl, it's cute).

March 13 was a bad day. A sad day. But March, one year later.........we're okay.

Thank God.

No comments:

Post a Comment