Thursday, February 16, 2012

Some People Change

Something has changed, and recently.  I can't really put my finger on it....there has been no "ah-ha!" moment in the last week or so, there hasn't been an incident that made me change my thinking......I don't know what it is.  But....I'm just....happier.  I don't know.  I've not really been....down? lately, just the "same shit, different day" attitude.  The same 'ole routine, day in and day out. 

But now....something is different.  I feel happier.  I feel lighter.  I feel....I don't know.

I guess the biggest thing is I'm just done with negativity.  Done.  Life is too short.  Done with negative people, done with negative attitudes.  I don't need that in my life.  No one does. 

Instead of being tired and grumpy in the morning, I'm taking on the attitude that at least I have a job, and I'm good at that job.  Instead of being aggravated and impatient in line just now at the store b/c this little old man was taking FOREVER (and the fact he couldn't hear wasn't helping), I thought to myself....'that is someone's Dad.  How will you want people to react when this is potentially YOUR dad in 30 or 40 years?'.  Instead of scowling back at the McDonald's drive through girl this morning, I wished her a nice day and drove off.  Not meanly, not kill-her-with-kindness mentality, just, "have a good day!" 

It's hard for me to think like that.  Those of you who know me know I'm Ms. Guilty-til-they're-proven-innocent.  I think people as a general population are slow, lazy & generally useless.  But you know what?  I can't control everyone.  I can't make everyone like me.  This new attitude may not be so easy sometime down the road, and that's okay.  But I'm trying.  I'm making the effort.

No more negativity.  No more feeding OFF of negativity, which is my biggest struggle.  Have something mean to say about someone else?  Go talk to someone else.  Want to complain to me about your day?  What are you doing to change it?  Want to whine about how unfair a, b, c is?  Well, life isn't always fair.

This is the new me, and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment