Saturday, February 4, 2012

Friday Brain Dump, Vol 2.1

I forgot to mention a couple things last night!

6.  I tried that new gym last Saturday.  Loved it.  A little bit of a hike from my house (about 8 miles but with traffic takes a good 20ish minutes.....if I go from work it's a shorter drive), but totally worth it for all the machines (probably 30 universal machines, 15 treadmills, 5 or 6 stairmasters and then probably another 10 ellipticals) PLUS all the classes are included (pilates, yoga [I did this class on Monday for an hour and had before forgotten how difficult yoga is for such a slow moving activity - I quickly remembered!], iron yoga, SPINNING!, zumba, hip hop), PLUS a sauna..........all for $20/ month.  Yup.  $20. 

7.  The weather this week in Columbus has been ridiculously nice.  This time last year we were in the middle of a 3-event week (2/2-2/4, 2/4-2/7, 2/7-2/9), taking us up through event 17, and to date we've only had TEN.  Amazing, and I LOVE IT.  It has been so nice, in fact, that Wednesday evening, I got home from work, changed into SHORTS & a TSHIRT and ran outside.  On February 1.  Amazing.

8.  Thursday, I was finally able to put back on my "regular sized" pants and not feel like I was being suffocated.  For a couple of months now I've been in that uncomfortable weight range of being too big for my "normal" (still too big for my liking) pants and having to move up to the NEXT size, which, although a little big, were my only option since my normal pants weren't fitting.  No more.  Now moving back in the right direction.  I think having the plague last week helped (ha), but for the most part, the change is coming back from my eating habits.  Not eating out breakfast & lunch, or eating a good breakfast but skipping lunch which caused me to eat the entire house upon coming home.........it's all about balance people. 

9.  Got the "save the date" for Chris and mine's TENTH HS REUNION on Tuesday.  It's July 28.  Chris insists we're not going; we'll see.  If we don't go, does that make time start going SLOWER!?!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment