Monday, December 13, 2010

Girls Weekend








What a FUN weekend!

We've been planning this weekend for months. Nana and all of Papa Gene's girls went up to the Mall of America back in October - so this was our side of family's turn for some fun :) Thanks to Nana, we had a suite on the 8th floor of the Hilton that was right downtown. We all met up on Friday night -

- walked around Monument Circle (it was a gorgeous night for being "touristy"- brisk but not bone chilling, clear and just a nice winter night) -







and ate dinner at Buca di Beppo's. (Do you see the 2 people behind my Nana & me? They were celebrating their upcoming wedding and Megan & I weren't sure that they realized they weren't on their honeymoon yet. EW).





Saturday, we were up and at 'em early - Circle City Mall was a block away (which was a good thing, Mom & I brought armloads of bags back halfway through the day) and we shopped and shopped and shopped......its been a long time since I've been there and we had a lot of fun!





Saturday night, Nana had gotten us a table at Beef n' Boards for their Christmas show, and while I wasn't that impressed by the food, the show was REALLY good. It was a lot of fun and really entertaining. They had singers, dancers, tap dancers, 2 little girls that were sisters and cuter than you could imagine. We all left high on holiday spirit that night. The best part of the whole show was when the emcee opened a number by asking all veterans and active members of the military to stand so they could be recongized by applause.....but then he pointed out a young man in a sailor's uniform who had just gotten back from Afghanistan within the last few days. He got a standing ovation. It was seriously one of the most beautiful, goose-bump-making, wonderful moments. When the emcee said, "Now THAT is how every member of the armed services should be welcomed home," we all heartily agreed. It was amazing.

Yesterday, we woke up, had a quick brunch at Cracker Barrel and all hit the road to get home before too much more snow fell. I made it home in really good time with no major bumps, and so did Mom, Megan & Nana back to Terre Haute. Megan actually ended up in a ditch on her way back to KY, but some road angels let her sit in their warm van while she waited for a tow truck, and they even paid to get her car towed out of the ditch. Stories like that remind me that not everyone is a complete shithead...........(and I'm only half kidding. I know. My attitude stinks).

It was such a fun weekend to spend with my family. I'm so blessed to have them.

And a few more of my fave pics from our fun time.........

Megan & I and our freshly baked Nestle Tollhouse cookies....YUM!








Love this picture of my momma, me and my sister. We had such a good time!




No comments:

Post a Comment