Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sweet Summertime

I love summer.  I really do.  I love the hot weather (as long as I have A/C!), I love sitting by the pool, I love running in the heat (way more than I love running in the snow) ((not that I've done as much running this summer as I did last)), I love being able to just throw on some shorts, flips & a tank top and go, unlike winter where's it's a 45 minute process just to get bundled up enough to go outside, let alone get your car deiced and warmed up.

But seriously, there is nothing more I like more in the summer than grilling out.  Or, I should say, I love that I married a man that is really good at grilling out :)  Every single Sunday since Memorial Day, we've grilled out something......steaks (mmm), chicken legs, beer can chicken (What?  You've never tried it?  Trust me.  Try it - amazing), salmon, or probably my favorite - tilapia cooked in aluminum bags with veggies.  Tonight, we had it again, cooked with squash, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, green peppers & onions.  DELISH.

There are, by my account, 25 more days of summer, and I intend on making the most of them.  If only nasty cold and snow didn't come right after, I'd love fall even more - hoodie weather, apple-y/ cinnomon-y/ pumpkin-y scented candles, sleeping with the windows down and of course....football!  Two weeks from tonight, my friends, right from this very moment, it'll be about halftime of the Cowboys/ Jets game.  Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment