Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Lame

I really wish I had the ability to magically blog about things as soon as they come to me, or happen to me........because when I actually sit down to write ANYthing, everything I was GOING to write about.....flits away.  Seems so much less significant than it did when it happened, or when I thought about it.

Random thoughts 'o the day:

1.  "How do you make God laugh?  Tell Him your plans."  Isn't that the truth...not that we're even technically "trying" yet....not that my body even seems to want to cooperate since I took my friend Ashley's advice and bought some ovulation tests "just because" last month - and from days 10 to 20 not one teeny tiny little sign of having anything even there TO fertilize....but whatever.....here I woke up this morning, day 36, later than I've ever been in my life....didn't even allow myself to hope for anything, and it's a good thing, because Mother Nature had another great laugh at my expense this afternoon.  Stupid bitch.

2.  My job......stresses me out.  The people, the work, the industry, the day-to-day business of it, the constant drama that seems to surround my job anymore - exhausts me.  I hesitate to go into it any further but I truly wonder somedays how much longer I can last before I literally lose my mind.  I used to love my job and I truly do love what I do - just not the "who" of my job.  I thankfully got another raise recently, although it's hard to call something that will net you about $30 extra per month a raise, but whatever.  I know, I know.  Better than 0.  But 0 is at least honest.  Sometimes raises like the one I got feel like more of a slap in the face than they do a "adda girl."  There are indeed some 9-5, straight 40-hour-workweeks out there, but my job sure as hell isn't one of them.  I come in early, I'm there late, I'm there weekends.  I've brought work home and I do work from home when I'm sick and on vacation.  What I wouldn't give for a summer vacation.......!

3.  Speaking of that, I heard on the radio the other day that people who have desk jobs are at an exponentially higher risk for heart attacks/ heart disease than those who are up moving around (ie factory work, teachers, nurses, doctors, movers and landscapers, what have you) in their jobs.  At first I was alarmed because I thought to myself, 'Yeah, most days I come and sure feel like collapsing instead of running or anything else' - but then someone called in and said, "I think that it has to do less with those desk job people moving around less and more with the stress that those with desk jobs have to deal with."  Amen. 

4.  Hopefully, by the end of the weekend, I will have a new (to me) car.  The Malibu is just under 150,000 miles and we have just poured money into it as of late.  New tires, new brake work, hub bearing replacement, more brake work.  I've had it since January of 2005 when it had about 60,000 miles on it, and I have driven that car EVERYwhere.  Countless trips between Muncie & Terre Haute, Muncie & Columbus, Terre Haute & Columbus, plus the cross-town commutes the first year we lived here and now.  I'm sad to give up a no-car-payment life, but it's time.

5.  It is August 16.  Holy hell.   Does anyone else realize that Christmas is only 18 weeks away (sorry, Ashley!)?!  Before we can even worry about that, though, we have to figure out this "we have to move out of these apartments before I go nuts and now is just not the time to buy a house" situation.  Our lease doesn't end until October 31, so we have some time, but we need to get moving, and quick.  I'm hoping we can rent a house......there aren't many 3 bedroom apartments anywhere, and plus........I'm tired of apartments. 

6.  That's about it.  Hope you are all doing well in the world!!!

1 comment:

  1. My car is a 2007. Bought it brand, spankin' new with 40 miles on it. It has over 100,000 now. :-) Congrats on the car!

    ReplyDelete