Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pelatonia & New Kickoff Rule

Two very random thoughts.

1.  My boss did his first ever Pelatonia ride this past week (102 miles!) to help raise money for cancer research at The James Hospital here in Columbus.  He actually got to ride with The Limited Brands (they are a huge customer with two headquarter campuses here) and finished in just around 6 hours.  Me, on the other hands - my legs would've fallen off.  His sister is a photographer and put together a little slideshow which I thought was really neat.  I told him I'm in next year!  For some reason, 102 miles on a bike is a little easier to wrap my head around than a full 26.2 mile marathon.  Who woulda thought?

2.  The new kickoff rule in the NFL (kicking off from the 35 instead of the 30) is stupid.  There goes another exciting part of football.  On a good note, though, regular season starts in a mere 16 days!  YEAH!!!!

That is all for now.  Ready to get the rest of this week over with, then the hell that is month end next week over with......because the week after THAT, we have Labor Day off, work for two days, then off for 5 days straight - I am STOKED.  We're going to Cincinatti (or maybe Indy.....undecided) for Wednesday/ Thursday.....then back in Terre Haute Friday - Sunday for my SIL's wedding, then off Monday because the Cowboys have their first Sunday nighter 9/11. 

Yes, I'm that person who takes vacation days on the days after my team plays late nights.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment