Monday, October 12, 2009

1st Week @ 5649

Well, we've now been in our new home for 9 days. Its been a very easy transition - easier than I thought. We've adjusted very well to being on the same floor, a smaller floor plan (only by about 100 sq ft, but still), and a smaller bathroom (hah).

Semi-uneventful week last week; the biggest thing to say is that since last Tuesday I've ran 8 miles. Okay, okay, I know that's only 8 miles in 7 days. But...that's 2 miles, 4 times...and it's a start. My goal is to be running 15 miles per week by my birthday, which is now less than a month away!

The Cowboys are now 3-2 going into their bye week, which is a lot different from 2-3 going into their bye week - the biggest difference is that I'm not ticked off for 2 weeks straight :) Which brings up a pet peeve of mine....don't tell me it's just a game. I know it's "just" a game. I have absolutely no power over what the Cowboys do or don't do, and I shouldn't let their stupid penalties and STUPID turnovers and STUPID losses bother me...but unless you can have an intelligent conversation with me about ANYTHING you've liked for over 20 years, shut the hell up. Seriously. Yes, it's something that got instilled in me by my dad; yes, it's one of the things that bonds me most to my dad (by far not the only); yes, I live breathe eat sleep Cowboys, especially this time of year. Thinking about it though, I guess most of the people that tell me it's "just" a game are the people that have jumped on one bandwagon or another in the last 10 years, so whatever. Anyway.

Another pet peeve? Facebook status "wars." If you have something to say to someone, just say it! This is a real-life status of one of my acquaintances on facebook right now....
sometimes I get shitty at someone who says stupid/shitty things every time I see them (about shoes, clothes, hair color, life choices)...I wonder what in the world makes that person feel the need to do that. Then I realize that that person must be pretty unhappy with themselves to say things like that to everyone they see and I pity that person.
Seriously? Grow up. Have a conversation. I'm getting so irritable in my "old" age...just come out and say it...you gotta problem? Let someone know. Sheesh.

I had a great day at work today, for a Monday....walked in to a lot of stress and fires to put out, but I just took a deep breath and went about my day. At about 10:00, I got an AWESOME email from the VP of our division commending me on my performance in A/R (Accounts Receivable), on how well I'm maintaining my branches' accounts, and how I'm leading the division (10 branches) in this area. And I'm one of the most "junior" BA's! That definitely made my day; it's great to be recognized for the job you're doing.

What else? We are a mere 10.5 weeks away from Christmas, and I love it....time is going quick, and I'm trying to not wish time away as much, but I just love the season so much!

Okay. Enough ranting and tooting my own horn :) Time to make dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment