Friday, January 27, 2012

[Thank God It's] Friday Brain Dump.

So, through my blogging friends I've come across many NEW blogs to follow, and one of those happens to be "Heir to Blair," who I found through my AOII sister/ former roommate Ashley.  Heir to Blair gave me this idea, of a Friday Brain Dump.  What a great idea, especially after the week I've had....

1.  4,000 hours of payroll, over half a million $ in snow billing & close to $200,000 in bills paid for the branch for the week.  This.  Girl.  Has.  Never.  Been so happy to go home.
     1a.  This girl had also never come so close to having her own episode on Lifetime's "Snapped."  Seriously.  ONE MORE person asked a stupid question, I got interrupted ONE MORE TIME, I got snipped at ONE MORE TIME - they were getting it.  Throat slit off.  Heads were literally going to fall off necks.  Okay, maybe not that severe....

2.  Super Bowl is in my home state next week.  My 'Boys won't be there but I (of course) honestly can celebrate that the "home" team won't be there either.  In fact, I'm obnoxiously rooting on the Patriots (I really REALLY don't want the Giants, who are in Dallas' division, to win another.  Lucky asscheeks).

3.  Speaking of football, Peyton Manning won't be a Colt next year, and I can almost guarantee he'll go somewhere in the AFC.  I'm also getting this strange feeling that Dez Bryant won't be a Cowboy next year either which makes me sad b/c a) he's the 3rd #88 the team has had and has all the potential to live up to that number and b) I JUST got his jersey for my birthday.

4.  Filed our taxes last night (earliest ever!) and we're getting back a really good amount of money for not having kids and/ or not making any money and/ or living completely off the government.  I'm PRETTY stoked about it.  This money means a couple things:
     4a.  Finally, NEW front room furniture!  No more sofas, chairs & coffee tables that are older than I am (no offense, Ashley, I'm sure they were lovely in your parents' house when they brought you home and Lord knows we got our use out of them at both Bethel houses!)!
     4b.  HOPEFULLY a down payment on a new (to me) car.  The old 'Bu has over 155,000 miles on it and Chris' truck has over 230,000.  It's time
     4c.  Tucking some money away for a much needed vacation, just-us-two-since-we-haven't-been-away-together-on-our-own-since-our-honeymoon-3.5-years-ago.  I think we're thinking Myrtle Beach the week/end of our anniversary (8/30).  Labor Day (9/3) will make it all work out nicely.

5.  I am OBSESSED with The Band Perry right now.  I've listened to their CD-via-my-iPod every morning on repeat this week and I LOVE IT.  Not really a bad song on the whole album.

6.  I'm checking out a new gym tomorrow.  I hope I like it b/c God knows I've got to get back into it.  I feel fat and disgusting.  I miss the YMCA in Muncie and living with friends that would drag me to the gym even when I didn't want to go.  Even if we ate KFC afterwards.  :)

7.  Every single one of my favorite shows (that we DVR b/c we literally watch nothing live anymore) was a repeat this week.  LAME.  2 Broke Girls, 2.5 Men, Mike & Molly, Last Man Standing, New Girl, Grey's Anatomy.  Actually, I lied.  Pan Am was new.  Great show.  But still.  They ALL just had 125 weeks off for Christmas. 

8.  I had zero time for lunch today and the Pizza Hut I ordered (b/c God knows I am NOT cooking tonight) just got here.  It's time to EAT.

No comments:

Post a Comment