Friday, November 4, 2011

November??!

What a crazy couple of weeks this has been.  In short:

1.  We moved into a cute little rental house on the 15/16.  We love it and everything big is unpacked and in place, but all of the little things (hanging pictures, unpacking non-everyday clothes, unpacking the randoms) just need to get done b/c the random unsettledness is driving me crazy.

2.  Chris' parents were over on the 22/23.  We had a very relaxing and low key weekend - nothing big to report.  The most exciting thing from the weekend was buying a new programmable thermostat for the house that Chris' stepdad installed.

3.  Snow is coming.  Work is getting crazy.  It's my 4th snow season with Brickman, but 1st at the new branch....always a lot of work.

4.  Thanksgiving is now less than 3 weeks away.  Which means Christmas is a mere 7 weeks away.  We are in no shape or form prepared for either holiday.

5.  Cowboys have managed to grab losses from the jaws of victory 3 times this season (@ the Jets, home vs Detroit and on the road @ the Patriots) and just lay a big turd another game this past weekend to be 3-4 going into this weekend.  Thankfully, the hardest part of our schedule is now behind while the rest of our division has tough months ahead.  No one expected Dallas to do better than 9-7 or 8-8, but now that they're in the season, they're getting slammed for not leading the division after 8 weeks.  Lame. 

6.  Still no baby.  Trying to relax and not overthink it, but it's hard to "just let it happen."  How does one do that, exactly?  How do you spend a good portion of your late teens & early 20s doing everything POSSIBLE to prevent and then all of a sudden "oh, just have fun with it!  God will let it happen in His own time!"  If one more person tells me to just "relax," I'm going to flip.  out.  I'm doing my best people, but my slightly anal-retentive nature is hard to overcome.  I know a baby will come in its own sweet time; I'm just used at being good at things the first time I try them :-\   ((That came out really conceited, but I just mean in things like school and numbers, etc........))

7.  Not huge baseball fans in the King household although my dad has always loved the Cardinals and Chris has passively followed them as long as I've known him, so it was fun to watch St. Louis come from out of nowhere to win the wild card, beat the favored Phillies, win the pennant against Milwaukee & take the Rangers in 7 to win their 11th Championship ever.  At least one of our teams is going somewhere this year (lame).

8.  When your husband tells you to "stay between the boards" while crawling through the attic, he means to stay on the rafters.  Not on the panels in between.  Not following those directions causes one to almost fall completely through their kitchen ceiling, bust up their right shin & have the black and blue bruise to end all black and blue bruises on their left butt cheek.  Ouch.  Needless to say, we have not been able to get internet and cable to the bedroom we need it in; I'm typing this post from the buffet in the kitchen.  Oh well.  We'll get there......eventually.

9.  I'm doing absolutely nothing between now and Sunday.  I may not even bathe.  Okay, I'll bathe.  But after moving 3 weekends ago, Chris' parents 2 weekends ago, getting our apartment closed up last week......then next weekend I'm going to E-ville with my mom and sister, weekend after that friends are coming, weekend after that is Thanksgiving, weekend after that is DECEMBER.......yeah, doing.  nothing.  this weekend. 

10.  That is all...........looking forward to the coolest day in history, ever - 11.11.11 - my 28th birthday ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment