Saturday, May 7, 2011

OneAmerica 500 Festival Mini Marathon....

DONE!

I can now go ahead and cross a very big goal off my "bucket" list :)

What a great day and great experience.

Only complaints?  The sort of misty/ light/ steady rainfall from about mile 7.5 to about mile 10 was a little miserable.....and after the race was over and we all met up, my muscles/ joints had had a chance to settle down a bit and I literally kind of hobbled to the car.  I never realized how much the muscle at the front of your hips works to move each leg forward!  : )   Fortunately, I drank a Gatorade Recovery drink, along with some chocolate milk and lots of water after ... along with some advil - and besides some sore knees (and being realllllllly tired....finally fell asleep around 11:30....tossed and turned until about 4:30 and kind of just dozed until 5:30), I feel fantastic.

I wanted to finish in 2:45....I finished in 2:53.  I will take it!

Gotta say - pretty proud of myself.  I may have been way back from first place (who, by the way, won it in 1:03....yup....ONE hour THREE minutes.......we figured out he was running at a less-than-5-minutes-per-mile....for AN HOUR), but I wasn't last, I didn't get hurt, and I got to do it with my mom.

Success!

No comments:

Post a Comment