Friday, January 8, 2010

TGIF!

I'm sharing an annoyance........

I understand why this happens, but it still doesn't stop me from being annoyed by it. I may not be the skinniest person on the planet, nor am I the most in-shape, but it never fails to irk me when a person who weighs....considerably....more than me (I'm being as nice as possible here) brags about losing 10 pounds in 5 days after they've jumped on the working-out/ not-eating-crap train. Again, I know why this is, and I couldn't tell you what I weighed right now if you paid me to (I don't even own a scale; my "goals" are more 'how-my-jeans-fit' related), but as much emphasis as everyone puts on weight, what a cool thing to say: "I lost 10 pounds!" Okay, okay. 10 pounds in 5 days = not healthy. In that case, water weight. But still.

Deep breath.

Okay, onto positive things. Yesterday's good thing: I learned soemthing new! With the snowstorm we had yesterday, I stayed at the office a lot longer than I would have liked to avoid being on the roads, and I had to get away from my desk for a minute. So, I went outside to help one of the OMs shovel, and he refused to let me.....but he said he would train me on the Bobcat to clear our parking lot. It wasn't that hard, but took a lot of coordination.....and after about 12 hours at my desk, I didn't really have that much of it. But, I got it accomplished and I felt pretty proud of myself! I think I'll stick to the paperwork on my desk, though....even though right now it feels never ending (55 hours this week and still have to go in tomorrow....)!

Tomorrow is a big day...................the Cowboys clinched the NFC East for the 2nd time in 3 years last week, but they haven't won a playoff game since 1996. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but man oh MAN....would I LOVE LOVE LOVE to see them beat the Eagles tomorrow night (for the 3rd time this season!) Anyone who reads this knows me and I'm a little....high-wired about the Cowboys....and if they know me any better than that, know that I'll spend the good part of tomorrow thinking about this game. Oh well....there are worse things to be excited about!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment